NjF Seminar: "Organic farming systems as a driver for change" - 21-23 August 2013
The seminar is being held in Vejle, Denmark and will be arranged around the following four tracks:
1. Societal and economic viability
2. Transition to renewable resources
3. Nutrient sufficiency and management in farming systems
4. Productivity and sustainable production levels in animal and crop production
Deadline for registration with lower fee is 1 June!
- Unleashing the potential of the genetic diversity for organic plant breeding
- SafeOrganic – Can the restricted use of antibiotics in organic pig farming be documented to provide a safer, high quality
meat product with less antibiotic resistant bacteria?
- How to improve disease control in European organic viticulture?
Biodiversity - how can we include it in environmental life cycle assessments of
• Which kind of innovation do the supply chain members want ? (WP5)
Presentation of small and medium enterprises in SOLID:
• Juvan Luomi - a pioneering organic dairy in Finland
• Institute of Organic Training and Advice - Challenges and innovation in dairy farming
Brief News & Events
- Theme: Organic research and agriculture in Korea
- Introduction tio organic agricultural research in South Korea
- Organic farming in Korea: Training, education and research
- Systemic approaches to pest management without pesticides; do Chinese and Danish researchers have common interests
- Restricted use of antibiotics in organic pig farming
- How to improve disese control in European organic viticulture
We hereby invite you to participate in a scientific workshop on organic pig production, which will be held June 12th and 13th 2013 in Hovborg, Denmark. The newest results from five research projects will be presented at the workshop that focuses on three main themes:
• Production of entire male pigs
• Outdoor production of growing-finishing pigs, provision of roughage
• Environmental impact and animal welfare.
The 2012 activity report documents on 60 pages the advances made in FiBL's research and consultancy work. Lively texts generously illustrated with photographs give an insight into FiBL's projects, both completed and ongoing. Clients and partners will find particularly useful the up-to-date overview of all activity areas of FiBL Germany, Switzerland and Austria and the detailed listing of all staff and their latest publications.
The Organic Research Centre is looking to appoint a Principal Researcher - Team Leader for its Crops and Agroforestry Research Team. The post will be responsible for all areas of the programme including delivery, development and dissemination of the research as well as management and development of staff. Read more...
The first Joint Call for Proposals of the ERA-Net SUSFOOD has now opened. The general topics are:
- Improving input, waste and side flow strategies to increase resource efficiency in the food chain.
- Innovation in food processing technologies to support a sustainable food chain.
- Understanding consumer behaviour to encourage sustainable food choice.
The deadline for submission of pre-proposals will be May, 3rd. Read more.....
EPOK, Centre for Organic Food and Farming at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences has issued a new research agenda for organic agricculture. The agenda identifies the current knowledge requirements and challenges for organic food and farming in Sweden. Read more.....
The dossier edited by the IFOAM EU Group presents a collection of articles by researchers who, from a multidisciplinary approach, analyze scientific data and demonstrate the potential of Organic Agriculture, as a holistic sustainable production system which contributes to increase farmer’s resilience to adapt to changing climate patterns. Read more....